Our volunteers come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but their hearts are pink and their caring has no limit. Are you a leader, a thinker or a doer? Use your talents to further our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever! We need you now more than ever. Volunteers provide countless hours contributing their skills to further the Susan G. Komen promise. We will work with your availability. Every minute you spend helping gives another minute of hope to those affected by breast cancer.
Volunteers help with fundraising and special events, assist in the office, provide community education, serve as spokespersons for the Affiliate, share their expertise as members of the Board of Directors and/or committees, and serve as advocates for Komen Ozark, all of which help to increase community understanding, support and involvement of the work of Komen.
Program areas include:
1. Development/Special Events: Securing auction items and assisting in set up for the following events:
· Pink Ribbon Luncheon
· Swing for the Cure
· Football 101
· Paint the Park Pink
· Fit for the Cure
2. Education Outreach Efforts: Volunteers can help the Affiliate increase community awareness of the importance of early detection of breast cancer and help reduce the fear of breast cancer by participating in our education programs.
· Represent Komen Ozark Affiliate at various health fairs and educational outreach programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and schools.
· Provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection and share the breast cancer resources available in the community.
· Volunteers are needed for daytime and evening hours, and on weekends.
3. Community Programs Advocacy: You or your group could assist with maintenance/landscaping, do housekeeping/organizing tasks, and distribute posters and yard signs to businesses in the surrounding communities.
4. Administrative: Provide clerical support such as entering information into our database, assembling educational materials, completing large mailings, and handling various special projects.
To be considered for one of the above volunteer positions, please fill out the Volunteer Application (will attach paper form) and return to the address on the form. Or, click here to complete your application online.
**Please note: This form is for those interested in volunteering with the local Affiliate. If you are interested in being a 2014 Komen Ozark Race for the Cure volunteer, email email@example.com